News | For Immediate Release
August 8, 2021
For more information, contact:
Rasheeda Denning, Community EXPO 2022 Coordinator
Communityexpo2@gmail.com | (386) 837-6270
Event to feature homeschooling & community workshops, youth entrepreneurship, food trucks, children’s activities, and more
DELAND (Aug. 8, 2021) – Black Homeschoolers of Central Florida, Inc. will celebrate Black History Month by hosting Community EXPO 2022, a place for homeschooling families and community members to network, attend education workshops, and connect with organizations, college representatives, and community resources. The EXPO will feature an array of vendors, as well as youth-run business initiatives and children’s activities. This event will also include a Silent Auction.
The Community EXPO event is free and open to the public and will take place 12 noon.-5 p.m. on Saturday, Feb. 26 at The Sanborn Center, located at 815 S. Alabama Ave. DeLand, FL 32724.
Workshop Presenters TBA.
Performances from Deltona Youth Performing Arts Training Center, Pine Ridge High School Choir, and more.
This event brings together culture and community. Make sure to come out to Build, Connect, Learn and Grow Together with your community!
“If our focus seems broad and far reaching-that's because it is!” said Rasheeda Denning, president of Black Homeschoolers of Central Florida, Inc. “We don't just see the homeschooled child. We see the whole family unit and we have a passion for uplifting and supporting the family as a whole in whatever need they require. We have the Community EXPO annually to celebrate our decision to homeschool our children, to celebrate with our community as we expand learning experiences and connections, and to be a landing point for resources and information based on the needs of our communities.”
Black Homeschoolers of Central Florida, Inc. has been serving the Greater Central Florida homeschool community since 2009, providing support, classes, field trips, and learning opportunities for homeschooled students in grades pre-K to 12 and their families.
Community Expo 2022’s sponsors include FLVS (Florida Virtual School),
10:30-11:45 a.m.- Vendor Arrival, Booth Setup
12:00 noon-4:45 p.m. Meet our Sponsors, Host Organizations, Entertainers, Silent Auction
12:noon.- Doors Open/ Brief Presentation by Community EXPO Coordinator
12:00-4:45 p.m- Meet our Vendors
MEETING ROOMS 1, 2
12:15 p.m.-3:50 p.m.- Homeschooling & Community Workshops
Enjoy your food on our dining patio as you look out at the beautiful water view.
-Face painting with Enchanted Colors by K. Ma'te'
-Games and Entertainment
-Watercolor Take Home Projects Sponsored by Hannah Watkins with Aparo-Griffin Properties
FOOD & DRINKS
Woodson's Wrap Shack, Kona Ice, Los Munchies, DaJen Eats
12:00 p.m.- 3:00 p.m - One Blood Big Red Bus
4:45p.m.- Booths Close
5:00 p.m.- Event Doors Close
1. Mathematician, Jr. (Sponsor)
2. Charleston Southern University (Sponsor)
3. Charmazing Life Planners (Sponsor)
4. Priority Credit Union(Sponsor)
5. a Caregivers Dream a Caregivers Support, Division of Aunt Sarah's Travel Planners
6. Plumbers & Pipefitters Local Union 295 JATC (Sponsor)
7. AdventHealth Fish Memorial (Sponsor)
8. Volusia County Public Library
9. Volusia County 4-H
10. Lyonia Environmental Center
12. DeLand Lions Club
13. Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission, Bear Management
14. Daytona State College Science Club, Women in Science & Engineering (WISE)
15. Florida Unschoolers
16. Great Tasting Tours
17. The Homeschool Advantage, Inc.
18. Orisha Sage (Youth Entrepreneur)
19. Step Up For Students
20. Denning Family SUPERS
21. Denning Kidz Boutique (Youth Entrepreneur)
22. Enchanted Colors by K. Ma'te'
23. One Blood- Big Red Bus
24. Los Munchies Spanish Caribbean Fusion
25. DaJen Eats
26. Kona Ice
27. The Doolin Healing Sanctuary
28. West Volusia Historical Society
29. Art by Zoi (Youth Entrepreneur)
30. Hunt's Business Solutions
31. African American Museum of the Arts
32. Samantha Eason- Homeschool Portfolio Evaluations
33. B4G Academy
34. Words With Garden
35. Votran- Volusia Transit Management
36. Florida Bureau of Braille and Talking Books Library Services
38. Behavior 180, LLC
39. New York Life
41. The Home School Counselor
42. Usborne Books and More
43. New Beginnings Behavioral Support, LLC
44. Audubon Center for Birds of Prey
45. Bath Fitter
46. Parent Choice Games, LLC
47. Pure Radiant Beauty, LLC48. UF Office of Admissions
Black Historical Places in DeLand, Florida
Painter's Pond Mural Walk
The mural is in celebration of the People of Color who lived and worked in ‘Red City’ & ‘Little Africa’ and helped to make DeLand the vibrant place it is today,”
African American Museum of the Arts
This wonderful museum contains a revolving display of art, and over 150 African-related artifacts.
325 S Clara Ave, DeLand, FL
The Burgess Pavilion at DeLand Memorial Hospital-Originally constructed in 1926, the Burgess Pavilion was the first hospital to serve West Volusia’s black citizens.
240 N. Stone Street DeLand, FL
Further Out- Visit Bethune Cookman University, Jackie Robinson BallPark, Zora Festival